Kinetica on Azure
Kinetica is available as a fully managed service in the cloud on Microsoft Azure. Kinetica on Azure is fully managed and maintained by Kinetica. Provisioned to your Azure subscription, you can monitor and administer Kinetica as a standard Azure resource. Kinetica on Azure features a simplified setup that enables you to be up and running within the hour. The simple pay-as-you-go pricing model allows you to pay only for what you use. More »
Kinetica on Azure Stack HCI
The flexibility of the hybrid cloud is key for customers who want the benefits of cloud computing but also want the ability to run some workloads on-premises for performance, security, compliance or data sovereignty reasons. Kinetica provides a complete hybrid Azure solution. It is now available in the Azure Stack HCI ISV Catalog giving customers the flexibility to place their Kinetica analytics applications wherever it best suits their needs.
Azure Stack HCI is a hyperconverged infrastructure host operating system designed by Microsoft to pool on-premises and cloud resources, maximizing storage, performance, scalability, and functionality, now with built-in Azure hybrid capabilities. As part of their Azure subscription, customers will get regular feature and security updates for Azure Stack HCI. Organizations can use Azure Stack HCI to run Windows and Linux virtual machines and containerized applications on-premises or at the edge, leveraging existing tools, processes, and skill sets. Data centers can extend to the cloud with Azure Backup, Azure Monitor, and Azure Security Center, and Microsoft is continuing to add Azure services to this list.
Microsoft designed Azure Stack HCI to take advantage of cloud capabilities with simplified access to cloud management and Azure services. Azure Stack HCI enables organizations to modernize their infrastructure and consolidate virtualized workloads, reducing costs and increasing efficiency.
Four pillars informed the design and development of Azure Stack HCI:
- Azure hybrid by design Centrally manage and monitor clusters from Azure Portal and benefit from fleet management for hosts and VMs using native integration with Azure Arc and Azure Monitor, and connections to Azure hybrid services like Azure Defender, Azure Backup, and Azure Site Recovery.
- Enterprise scale and great price performance Modernize compute and storage infrastructure, consolidate virtualized and containerized workloads, and reduce costs while gaining cloud efficiencies on-premises.
- Simplified operations Leverage familiar Windows Server, Hyper-V, PowerShell, and Azure skill sets to simplify and accelerate deployment, management, automation, and orchestration.
- Deployment flexibility Deploy using appliance-like solutions validated and optimized for specific use cases or leverage the comprehensive portfolio of x86 servers and hardware components to customize a platform to meet specific performance, capacity,
scalability, and cost requirements.
Key benefits for Kinetica on Azure Stack HCI
- Hybrid cloud flexibility Kinetica on Azure Stack HCI provides the choice for customers to run their Kinetica workloads where they are the best fit. Kinetica runs on Azure in the cloud and on-premises with Azure Stack HCI. Customers can decide based on their specific business need whether it is performance, security, compliance or data sovereignty where they run their Kinetica-based analytics.
- Performance and scale Kinetica runs on Dell AX-Series Serve hardware designed specifically for Azure Stack HCI. Whether it is CPU or GPU based platform, Kinetica intelligently uses the proper compute target for the optimal performance and scale on the Dell AX Server line.
- Operational efficiency Whether you run Kinetica on the Azure Cloud or on-premises, you get a consistent set of Kinetica tools to ensure your operations run smoothly.
Key Use Cases for Kinectica on Azure Stack HCI
- Branch or edge computing needs by placing the Kinetica analytics platform close to the users and key data, performance can be maximized where round trip latency to the cloud does not provide adequate service levels.
- Data sovereignty and Compliance In circumstances where legal or other regulatory requirements are mandated, Kinetica on Azure Stack HCI allows customers to deploy and leverage the Kinetica platform where and how it best suits their business analytics and data management needs.
- Support for 5G Multi-access Edge Compute (MEC) Analytics For IoT data collection, the 5G MEC can greatly reduce battery and energy consumption in IoT devices. With Kinetica at the edge, IoT analytics can be computed with high performance and scale to ensure the best possible IoT analytics experience.
- Other use cases:
- Autonomous Vehicle data flow and analytics
- Predictive maintenance
- Smart health In-hospital patient monitoring
- Smart City including traffic and event management
- Smart Utilities
- Real-time Customer 360